By Charles M. Hendrix,Ed Robinson
Recognize and deal with the parasites obvious in veterinary perform! Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians, fifth Edition good points transparent and concise discussions of the main typically encountered inner and exterior parasites. Chapters are equipped via parasite crew — together with nematodes, cestodes, trematodes, protozoans, arthropods, and leeches — and contain a close description of the crowd, with specified emphasis on morphology, existence cycle, and significant parasites. Then in each one bankruptcy, fabric is with ease geared up via host species: canine, cats, horses, ruminants, swine, birds, lab animals, fish, and reptiles. Written through famous educators Charles Hendrix and Ed Robinson, this full-color, spiral-bound e-book presents the data that veterinary technicians have to acquire samples, practice lab strategies, and speak with consumers and different contributors of the veterinary team.
- Clear, concise coverage simplifies details at the most typically encountered inner and exterior parasites, getting ready you for credentialing checks and the veterinary clinic.
- More than 470 full-color photos exhibit precisely what ova, grownup parasites, and parasitic ailments appear like, so that you can determine them extra simply whilst viewing lab samples.
- Step-by-step guidelines within the Laboratory Procedures bankruptcy describe easy methods to assemble samples and the way to accomplish the laboratory concepts utilized in opting for parasites.
- Emphasis at the zoonotic capability of parasites is helping you alert consumers and different well-being care staff to the importance of zoonotic parasites and exhibits ways that you could hinder transmission of a zoonotic parasite, situation, or syndrome from animals to humans.
- Logical bankruptcy association follows the series of parasitology sessions, starting with a easy assessment of exterior parasites, inner parasites, and nematodes, via chapters that cross into aspect of the parasites by way of host species. An appendix lists the parasites of every species and indicates their position within the textual content, making details effortless to find.
- Heartworm section is helping you know and deal with heartworms with an in-depth dialogue of the functionality and interpretation of diagnostic assessments for this significant parasite.
- Summary tables show tips on how to categorize parasites, and contain such different types as physique platforms affected, taxonomic grouping, host species, and site in host.
- Table of parasites on the entrance of the booklet is prepared by way of host species and comprises web page numbers for cross-reference through the book.
- Vet Tech Threads design makes studying more uncomplicated with bankruptcy outlines, bankruptcy ambitions, keyword phrases, and Technician Notes in each chapter.
- Chapter on terminology familiarizes you with the elemental language and class scheme of parasitology for greater verbal exchange with consumers and colleagues.
- Flash cards at the Evolve spouse web site assist you research and memorize key evidence concerning the significant parasites, together with audio pronunciations.
- Workbook/textbook structure provides instant overview instruments via matching routines and questions for idea and dialogue on the finish of every chapter.
Read Online or Download Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians - E-Book PDF
Similar veterinary medicine books
Michael Akers offers the fundamentals for realizing mammary improvement and lactation and conveys the serious regulatory occasions in lactation. this article willl turn out to be a useful review of mamorary improvement and lactation for undergraduates and graduates learning lactation, new researchers, and as a assessment for tested scientists.
This publication is a scientific and concise advisor to equine pediatric medication overlaying etiology, pathophysiology, scientific presentation, differential prognosis, analysis, and administration. The e-book is fantastically illustrated all through with pictures, line diagrams and radiographs. This ebook is of specific worth to equine practitioners as a prepared reference, and to veterinary scholars and technicians as a whole advisor to equine pediatric sickness.
Der Autor, praktizierender Tierarzt, beschreibt in diesem Buch – durchaus mit einem gewissen grasp zur Ironie, aber nicht ohne tiefere Bedeutung – die häufigsten Fehlentscheidungen aus der beruflichen Praxis. „Dem Glücksfall anheimgegeben ist das kranke Tier, wenn es an einen Tierarzt mit beiderlei Wissen und Gewissen gerät.
Hospice and Palliative take care of spouse Animals: ideas and perform bargains the 1st finished connection with veterinary hospice and palliative care, with useful counsel and top practices for taking good care of ill and demise animals. offers the 1st thorough source to offering veterinary hospice and palliative care deals sensible counsel and most sensible practices for taking care of in poor health and loss of life animals offers an interdisciplinary group method, from numerous varied views supplies concrete recommendation for alleviating pets extra lightly via their ultimate level of lifestyles contains entry to a better half web site with consumer schooling handouts to take advantage of in perform
- Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs - E-Book: Small and Large Animal (Handbook of Veterinary Drugs (Saunders))
- Elsevier's Veterinary Assisting Textbook - E-Book
- Practical Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- Robinson's Current Therapy in Equine Medicine - E-Book (Current Veterinary Therapy)
Extra info for Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians - E-Book
Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians - E-Book by Charles M. Hendrix,Ed Robinson