By Christer Petley
Read Online or Download Slaveholders in Jamaica: Colonial Society and Culture during the Era of Abolition (Empires in Perspective) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Noha Radwan bargains the 1st book-length examine of the emergence, context, and improvement of contemporary Egyptian colloquial poetry, lately used as a motor vehicle for communications within the innovative adolescence circulate in Egypt on January twenty fifth 2011, and situates it between modernist Arab poetry.
Migrant girls remodeling Citizenship develops crucial insights in regards to the suggestion of transnational citizenship by way of the existence tales of expert and knowledgeable migrant ladies from Turkey in Germany and Britain. It interweaves and develops theories of citizenship, identification and tradition with the lived reports of an immigrant team that has to this point got inadequate realization.
Praying and Preying bargains one of many infrequent anthropological monographs at the Christian event of up to date Amazonian indigenous peoples, in keeping with an ethnographic learn of the connection among the Wari’, population of Brazilian Amazonia, and the Evangelical missionaries of the hot Tribes venture.
Indian Classical Dance in a Transnational Context explores what occurs while a countrywide cultural creation is reproduced open air the quick social, political and cultural context of its beginning. while prior reports have analysed Indian classical dance in simple terms within the context of Indian background and tradition, this quantity investigates performances of Indian classical dance within the united kingdom.
- Encounters: An Anthropological History of Southeastern Labrador (McGill-Queen's Native and Northern Series)
- Cultures of Transition and Sustainability: Culture after Capitalism
- Creative Practice and Socioeconomic Crisis in the Caribbean: A path to sustainable growth (Routledge Studies in Sustainable Development)
- The Sources of Social Power: Volume 2, The Rise of Classes and Nation-States, 1760–1914
- Resistance and Contradiction: Miskitu Indians and the Nicaraguan State, 1894-1987
Extra resources for Slaveholders in Jamaica: Colonial Society and Culture during the Era of Abolition (Empires in Perspective)
Slaveholders in Jamaica: Colonial Society and Culture during the Era of Abolition (Empires in Perspective) by Christer Petley