By Raymond Firth
initially released in 1959.
Read or Download Social Change in Tikopia: Re-study of a Polynesian community after a generation PDF
Similar anthropology books
Noha Radwan bargains the 1st book-length research of the emergence, context, and improvement of recent Egyptian colloquial poetry, lately used as a car for communications within the progressive early life stream in Egypt on January twenty fifth 2011, and situates it between modernist Arab poetry.
Migrant ladies reworking Citizenship develops crucial insights about the suggestion of transnational citizenship via the lifestyles tales of expert and knowledgeable migrant girls from Turkey in Germany and Britain. It interweaves and develops theories of citizenship, id and tradition with the lived studies of an immigrant staff that has thus far acquired inadequate cognizance.
Praying and Preying deals one of many infrequent anthropological monographs at the Christian event of latest Amazonian indigenous peoples, in response to an ethnographic learn of the connection among the Wari’, population of Brazilian Amazonia, and the Evangelical missionaries of the hot Tribes venture.
Indian Classical Dance in a Transnational Context explores what occurs whilst a countrywide cultural construction is reproduced open air the rapid social, political and cultural context of its starting place. while earlier experiences have analysed Indian classical dance in basic terms within the context of Indian heritage and tradition, this quantity investigates performances of Indian classical dance within the united kingdom.
- Colonial Entanglement: Constituting a Twenty-First-Century Osage Nation (First Peoples: New Directions in Indigenous Studies (University of North Carolina Press Paperback))
- Social Science and Historical Perspectives: Society, Science, and Ways of Knowing
- Hunger and Shame: Child Malnutrition and Poverty on Mount Kilimanjaro
- When Rains Became Floods: A Child Soldier’s Story (Latin America in Translation)
- Arbeitsrecht in Schweden: Praxisleitfaden für Arbeitgeber und Personalverantwortliche in der nordeuropäischen Konsenskultur (German Edition)
Extra info for Social Change in Tikopia: Re-study of a Polynesian community after a generation
Social Change in Tikopia: Re-study of a Polynesian community after a generation by Raymond Firth