By Patrick Heady
Read or Download The Hard People: Rivalry, Sympathy and Social Structure in an Alpine Valley (Studies in Anthropology and History) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Noha Radwan deals the 1st book-length examine of the emergence, context, and improvement of recent Egyptian colloquial poetry, lately used as a automobile for communications within the innovative early life circulate in Egypt on January twenty fifth 2011, and situates it between modernist Arab poetry.
Migrant girls reworking Citizenship develops crucial insights about the suggestion of transnational citizenship via the existence tales of expert and trained migrant ladies from Turkey in Germany and Britain. It interweaves and develops theories of citizenship, id and tradition with the lived reviews of an immigrant crew that has up to now acquired inadequate awareness.
Praying and Preying bargains one of many infrequent anthropological monographs at the Christian adventure of up to date Amazonian indigenous peoples, according to an ethnographic learn of the connection among the Wari’, population of Brazilian Amazonia, and the Evangelical missionaries of the hot Tribes challenge.
Indian Classical Dance in a Transnational Context explores what occurs whilst a countrywide cultural construction is reproduced outdoors the instant social, political and cultural context of its starting place. while past stories have analysed Indian classical dance basically within the context of Indian background and tradition, this quantity investigates performances of Indian classical dance within the united kingdom.
- Activist Film Festivals: Towards a Political Subject
- Language, Culture, and Society: An Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology
- Tempo und Tempokritik in Berlin - Die Symphonie der Großstadt (German Edition)
- Writing the World of Policing: The Difference Ethnography Makes
- Our Lives: Collaboration, Native Voice, and the Making of the National Museum of the American Indian (School for Advanced Research Resident Scholar Book)
- Everyday Life: A Poetics of Vernacular Practices
Additional resources for The Hard People: Rivalry, Sympathy and Social Structure in an Alpine Valley (Studies in Anthropology and History)
The Hard People: Rivalry, Sympathy and Social Structure in an Alpine Valley (Studies in Anthropology and History) by Patrick Heady